Waste management in Romania is undergoing a radical change. The new legislative context created in 2021 offers the opportunity for an in-depth reflection on the operating framework for packaging waste management.
AHK Romania through its green tech platform, econet romania, together with its partners from Fepra International are pleased to invite you on the 14th of December starting at 10:00 to an online debate between professionals.
Proposed topics for debate
- Radical change in the legislative framework – the four regulations that will transform waste management from 2021
- Recovery and recycling targets – harder to implement?
- How the operational chain – separate collection and recycling – will be affected by the new provisions. The cost of change?
- Eco-modulation – a new approach to charging in the new EPR context?
- The recycled products market – how will it adapt to the shock?
The dialogue will take place in a small, press-free setting to provide a flexible platform for expression. The results of the debate will be used by AHK Romania and its partner Fepra to voice the concerns of the business community in dialogue with public policy makers.
No less than four legislative initiatives on waste management – GEO 92/2021 on the waste regime, O1/2021 directly impacting packaging waste management, O2/2021 impacting waste storage and last but not least HG 1074/2021 on the Guarantee-Return System (SGR) will generate operational effects, including the costs of fulfilling legal obligations. The transition thus initiated involves adaptation efforts and costs whose understanding is essential for the fulfilment of the environmental obligations of the stakeholders.
*The event provides simultaneous translation Romanian-English