During this year’s Open Gov Week 2021, the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitization is organizing the online debate on the collected data on Smart City / IoT. A smart city uses various electronic methods and sensors to collect data, in order to improve the city’s operations so that it is carried out efficiently, securely and as useful and easy as possible for the citizen.
Local authorities can monitor what is happening in the city, how it is evolving and how to ensure a better quality of life for citizens: streamlining traffic, improving public transport, reducing pollution and energy consumption, citizens’ relationship with authority, living conditions and the health and education system would be just some of the favorite topics for a smart city.
The debate is an invitation to all stakeholders (local governments, technology and public utility companies, startups, citizens) for dialogue.
The following topics will be discussed:
- the regime of access and use of data collected in a smart city
- how can open data help both the development of public policies and the co-creation of start-ups and scale-ups of innovative solutions in a smart city
- citizens’ ability to actively participate in local government, data-driven decision-making and administrative transparency
- what are the lessons of previous and current smart city projects and the next steps for them.
- Ciprian-Sergiu Teleman – Minister of Research, Innovation and Digitalization
- Cristian Pațachia – Development & Innovation Manager, Orange
- Ilinca Pandele, Senior Consultant – Team Leader Green Tech & Sustainable Development Econet Romania, Department Consulting & Services – AHK Romania
- Ovidiu Cimpean – Director of the General Directorate of Communication, Local Development and Project Management, Cluj-Napoca City Hall
- Cristian Ochiu – Director of the General Directorate of Public Relations, Public Events and Document Management, Galati City Hall
- Radu Puchiu – Co-founder, H.appy Cities
Moderator: Roxana Voicu – Dorobanțu, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Executive Director of the Center of Excellence in Foreign Trade
More information on the event can be accessed here.